PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM IDENTITY THEFT
F & M Bank employees will never contact you and request your online banking password. To reset your password, obtain answers to security-related questions, or report any suspicious activity, please call (913) 795-2212 during normal business hours, 8 am to 3 pm Monday Ė Friday, and be prepared to provide the answer to your security questions.
- Use a modern, secure browser to access online banking;
- Ensure your computer is kept up to date with anti-virus and anti-malware software;
- Use unique, complex passwords for each account;
- Monitor your account transactions monthly or more frequently;
- Destroy any financial information utilizing a cross-cut shredder;
- Protect your IDís and passwords from unauthorized viewing or use;
- Do not give personal information to an unsolicited phone caller; and
- Business account holders should consider periodic auditing of controls and procedures.
For more assistance, go to IdentityTheft.gov.
Unauthorized Transfer Notice on Consumer Accounts: Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your PIN or password has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PIN or password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your PIN or password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make or if you need more information on a transaction on your account, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have prevented someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If you believe your PIN or password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call (913) 795-2212 during normal business hours listed above. WE CANNOT ACCEPT NOTIFICATION OF LOST OR STOLEN PINS OR PASSWORDS OR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS VIA E-MAIL.